Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't Pay Regular Price for Your Monthly Services

I just got off the phone with DirecTV who offered me $10 off per month for the next 12 months, free HBO for 3 months and Starz for 6 months. They had even offered free HD for a year with a free HD DVR, but I declined as I'm still considering the SageTV route. It's an annual ritual for me, calling them when my current promo ends, and getting a lower price with some extras. If you have DirecTV and are out of contract, call them and say 'cancel' when the robot asks what you are calling about. When you get to a CSR, tell them about the great deal DISH or Comcast is offering you and that you'd really like to stay with them but the other deals are so much less. You should never pay regular price for cable or satellite service - especially in this economy. I also do the same thing every 6 months with my Internet provider, Comcast. Cellphone bills may also be up for negotiation if you're out of contract. Our is as good as it can get. We're on the Sprint SERO plan until they go under for $30/month, 500 minutes, unlimited data & SMS, 7-7 N&W.

No comments:

Post a Comment