Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where Have I Been and Where is Chumby?

I've been here...working at another startup. It's been about 18 months and things really got hectic about December 2011 and hasn't let up since. All my HA work has been put on hold, with minor tweaks here and there. It's been my longest time away from HA since I started all this back around 1994, but I've done so much and everything just works. It's quite satisfying. Things are slowly easing up at work and I'm finding a little time and interest to do some more things, but it'll be a while before I'm able to commit as much time as before. One thing that really bums me out is the Chumby service has finally wound down. There's hope that it may come back, but for now there's just a clock widget. At some point, I will probably set up my own local server to serve widgets to our Infocasts, but there's no time for that right now. Chumby RIP for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment