Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The End is Near

We'll be moving soon and I've been slowly packing up pieces of our home automation system along with our regular belongings. We've been here over 15 1/2 years and automation is so embedded in the house it's going to take some time to extract it all. We'll be moving into a rental for a little while so HA will be on hold. This was in the cards for a while and part of the reason I've slowed down on automation projects recently. We're planning to sell the house, although we have discussed renting it out. Even though this is Silicon Valley, it's hard to say how much automation I will leave intact. On to new adventures...

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you well in your future adventures... I know the feeling of moving house and packing up a long term project like home automation. I've followed and even used some of your wonderful software in my own home brew Eventghost/Arduino/433 hacking system at home. I've been impressed and inspired to attempt with great success a similar project and hope that it won't be long till you settle and return to the project.

    Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i have not stopped by here in a long time. ripping out one's automation system can cause extreme cases of writer's block.

      Delete