Monday, January 13, 2014

HA Revamp Progress

It took about 3 days to get the W800 code migrated over from starCOMUltra and debugged. That's now sitting on an Edgeport 4 port serial to USB adapter connected to the Beaglebone Black, along with 1Wire, UPB and the RFID reader. The last major interface to write was for the JDS TimeCommander+, which I started on January 1. I completed most of it by Friday the 3rd so I was able to shut off starCOMUltra and let my engine run overnight all by itself for the first time. Since I had to go back to work the following week, I probably spent 15 hours a day working on it that last weekend. It's been over week now and I'm still cleaning up code, making the Python interface to the TC+ more reliable and fixing some events that didn't get correctly ported over from starCOMUltra. Last night, I put in the final piece of TC+ support by adding control of the IR Xpander. The next steps will be porting this engine over to x64. After that, hopefully I can start migrating everything to the new server.