Monday, February 5, 2007

HA Server Rebuild

The main drive in my HA server died, so since I had to re-install the OS, I decided to swap machines as well. The old machine was a Celeron 2.6 gHz and the new one is an Athlon 2800+ XP that I had lying around. I originally chose to build the HA server with the Celeron due to its lower power consumption, but as I added more & more features, it began to bog down. The Athlon provides a little boost in processing power (about 20% or so) but consumes a proportional amount more electricity. I think things are just about all running, but I still have to go through some stupid software activation hoops (HAL).

No comments:

Post a Comment