Friday, August 28, 2009

New Bullet Camera

I just put up a new bullet camera Wednesday to replace my main front camera, which is an aging 10 year old B&W camera I got from Target. The new camera is a day/night camera with a Sony CCD so it's a marked improvement in resolution & clarity. However, at night time, it's still not as good as the old Target cam even with the help of the front floods. The old camera moved over slightly and is angled toward the opposite direction for better coverage. The new camera is my first "real" camera, as it has a BNC connector and I had to run it over RG6. As I was prepping to run the new RG6, I took some time to clean up the messy wiring from the other cameras. It was definitely something that needed to be done. I also ordered another different day/night cam to replace another old camera and it should come next week. I plan on moving the older camera to a different location.

No comments:

Post a Comment