Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waiting for the Axe to Fall

It's been a quiet several weeks. There have been rampant rumors at work that the company is planning on shuttering my group. It's something that we've been expecting at work for the last 3-6 months, but as quarter end nears, it's possible that it may be right around the corner. So I've been a little preoccupied to do any HA stuff other than mindlessly monitoring the production of our solar panels. According to the latest rumors, the axe was to fall last Friday, but upper management had to delay it since they're waiting for our group to finish up some work before they'd be comfortable canning us all. As I sit here contemplating impending joblessness, I wonder what my next career move will be. I'm an ASIC design and verification engineer, but I'm burnt out on it and a change of career may be in the cards. I've got an unused MBA, some .NET programming skills and experience with AJAX, PHP and MySQL, so I have some options to explore. In the meantime, feel free to donate! ;).

2 comments:

  1. Bad news, I wish you good luck for this future, and hoppefully quick to come new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i am still in limbo, but i can't complain as i'm still getting a paycheck.

    ReplyDelete