Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Toy - Seagate Dockstar

Just received the Seagate Dockstar that I got for $25 shipped. It's another one of those devices looking for a problem. Not exactly sure what I'm going to use it for, but it's getting hacked first. I've installed Debian on it via this method. Obviously, the first thing I'm going to try to get running on it is xPL and xPL-Perl looks like the way to go.

I also just received a Pandigital Novel 7" EReader/Android tablet. This is my second go-round with this device. I did buy it when it first came out and played around with it, but ultimately returned it as it's a bit sluggish. Since then, there's been a lot of work done on custom firmware mods that may make it a little more bearable. So, that's something I plan on testing out on it. I got it from Kohl's for about $85+tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment