Monday, July 11, 2016

Got My C.H.I.P.s Today

Just got home and found my 4 C.H.I.P.s had arrived.  I've only unboxed them:


Each comes with an adapter that connects to a jack on the C.H.I.P. and fans out to 3 RCA jacks for composite video and stereo audio.


A nice touch is the header pins are labeled unlike Pis or BeagleBones.



It even comes premounted to a nice plastic base!


It also includes builtin WiFi B/G/N, Bluetooth 4.0 and 4GB of onboard flash. DRAM is a skimpy 512MB however. The CPU is a 1GHz R8.  Hardware-wise I think it's a really good deal for ~$41 shipped for 4.  You can read more about C.H.I.P. at https://getchip.com/pages/chip.

Not sure what I will do with them yet. I have 2 BeagleBone Blacks and a Pi Model B lying around unused still, but I'll update after I've had a chance to play with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment