Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stability issues w/ xlobby

I've been busy at work so I haven't had much time to play around. I've been fighting some stability issues and it seems to be related to xlobby and most likely the xAP plugin. One thing I have changed is in starCOM, I'm issuing xPL messages for every X10/AI/DI/timer/flag change. This was mainly to keep Floorplan in sync with sC. Those xPL messages also get converted to xAP by Floorplan and must be killing the xAP plugin for xlobby. It is already known to have memory leak issues and the large increase in xAP traffic must be causing it problems. So for now, xlobby is no longer running on my system. It's been 2 days since I shut it down and things are much more stable.

On a side note, one of the case fans in my HA server seems to have died. I have two fans in the front of the case blowing air over 3 of the 4 HDs in the system, and this morning one of them was squealing like crazy so I had to take it offline. The server is in our office and it turned out to be the warmest room in the house, so I need to make an extra effort to keep things in the server cool.

I monitor the drive temps in the system and graph them over time. The cooler they are the less likely they are to fail. Here's what the graphs look like (I'll talk about how I make them in a later post):








No comments:

Post a Comment