Friday, March 2, 2007

Media server shutdown

With the extra horsepower and memory on the new HA server, I've moved all the media serving back from the Sempron to the HA box.




In about April of last year, I started putting all the media serving onto the HA server. You can see in the graph of the CPU utilization that over time, the usage increased (ignoring all the glitches in data collection - the long flat spots). That along with xlobby started to bog everything down. Last December, I migrated all the media serving to the Sempron box and you can see the drop in CPU utilization.

When I cut in this new HA server in early February, the CPU use didn't change much. I've since added back all the media serving and it's been running very well for the last 2-3 weeks. The CPU utilization hasn't changed much since the the HA server has been serving media. Maybe I'll even add back xlobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment