Saturday, July 7, 2007

Random Stuff

My pair of Nokia 770s arrived this week and I've been playing with them on & off. They appear to have some issue with one of our wireless routers, a Netgear. This appears to be a common problem. It doesn't seem to want to connect to it at all, it keeps trying to connect to our Linksys eventhough it's far away. A few places I've been visiting for more information:
Nokia770.com
Internet Tablet Talk
Maemo.org

The 8M RFID transmitters also arrived and I plugged them in and they worked right away. They're in a much smaller formfactor than the 40M and use only one 3V lithium battery instead of 2. The transmitters in the garaged cars come in strong, but the one in the driveway/street parked car isn't quite working well. I've moved the MSS-100 & RFID receiver closer to the front of the house and it's still a little sketchy. I'm going to have to do a little more tuning. I'd hate to have to put an antenna on the receiver.

Finally, I've been doing more Python scripting. Wrote a few scripts to do screen scraping of certain websites, like Craigslist. I'd put them up, but I don't want people copying them and hammering those sites. There's no benefit to me then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment