Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another xPLHALi Feature

I have just added support for Google Calendar events. Now you can ask HAL "What do I have scheduled for today?" and it will read your schedule for the day. With the scripting engine, you can set up VR phrases to ask it "What do I have scheduled for tomorrow?" or "What do I have scheduled for Saturday?" Again, the scripting engine makes it so easy to do things that were formerly complex or impossible to do in HAL. Scripting engine code below:

function gCal0(eventDate)
' the url below is the google 'magic cookie'
gCal0=misc.gCalEvents( _
"http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/userID/private-magicCookie/full", _
eventDate)
end function

sub SpeechNotify(e)
select case UCase(e.sSpeech)
case "WHAT DO I HAVE SCHEDULED FOR TODAY"
xPLHALi.TTS.Speak "your calendar has the following items., " _
& gCal0(Date)
case "WHAT DO I HAVE SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW"
xPLHALi.TTS.Speak "your calendar has the following items., " _
& gCal0(DateAdd("d",1,Date))
end select
end sub

I'm not ready to release it. I have a few more things to try out before I do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! this seems pretty cool - would love to see some pics or a video... you should post some!

    ReplyDelete