Monday, June 2, 2008

eBay Sucks

I've been selling some items on eBay for the first time in a couple years. I have always said in my auctions that if you are paying by PayPal and funding with a credit card, the buyer should contact me for a different PayPal account. Why? Because the only PayPal accounts that can accept credit cards are Business and Premier and if you have those accounts, they will take 2.9% out of the total for EVERY transaction. So, I maintained a personal account and a premier account for credit cards. Now, if someone doesn't know how to read and pays for my auction with a credit card, I cannot decline their payment. I HAVE to convert my account to a premier account. My guess is PayPal wants to eventually get rid of all those personal accounts so they can take 2.9% out of every transaction, even if I'm just sending cash to my friend who paid for lunch the day before. Sure I can create another personal PayPal account, but it's a pain in the ass. I'd rather sell stuff on Craigslist and get paid less for it than to get continuously nickel & dimed by eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment