Friday, June 6, 2008

PayPal Sucks

After having to create a new personal PayPal account, I ran another auction for some home automation equipment and used my new PayPal account as the payment account (hoping it would not be a credit card transaction). It wasn't and everything went smoothly...until later in the day I received a phone call from a PayPal support person. He was trying to check if I had indeed set up the auction and the new PayPal account. The problem is, he was a complete ass about it. He had a very antagonistic tone and kept asking if am I planning on shipping the items. He also kept asking where I'm getting the items from, practically accusing me of setting up a fake auction and PayPal account to scam someone. I asked him was this really necessary? Does he need to know where my items are from? But he was very insistent. Obviously, I'm shipping something as I had already purchased and printed out a UPS shipping label using my PayPal account. I appreciate they are trying to prevent fraud, but learn some customer service skills if you don't want to alienate more customers. He didn't even bother asking me to verify any account information to determine if I was really the owner of the eBay and PayPal accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment