Tuesday, June 10, 2008

xPLTTSAudrey

Last night, I started writing a VB.net app to push TTS to our 3Com Audreys. It's been taxing my amateur programming skills. I've been giving myself a crash course on SAPI, launching external processes, and just when I thought I had it all figured out, I had to learn about threads. I think I've got it all working though, I just need to figure out how I'm going to direct TTS to the various Audreys around the house. I suppose a config file that maps Audrey IP addresses to xPL target names will work.

Anyway, it works by picking up xPL tts.basic messages sent to it. It extracts the speech data, does a text to WAV conversion, runs LAME on the resulting WAV file to create an MP3, then does an HTTP get from the specified Audrey's web server to push the MP3 to it (using this method).

No comments:

Post a Comment