Monday, June 2, 2008

Installed a UPB Phase Coupler

I just removed my Leviton Signal Bridge and installed an HAI UPB Phase Coupler. It was a quick installation since I already had the breakers and junction box installed. I ordered it from Automated Outlet and Martin over there has always been very helpful.

I picked up a bunch of HAL labeled UPB lamp and appliance modules so I'm going to start experimenting with some UPB devices. I'm going to run a hybrid X10 & UPB environment (the UPB coupler bridges both UPB and X10), but I'm not quite sure how I'll do it yet. The TimeCommander+ only supports X10 so I have a serial UPB PIM coming. I'm not sure if I'm going to rely on existing xAP or xPL to UPB bridges, or write my own and connect it directly to starCOMUltra, since that is where most of the automation is centralized.

No comments:

Post a Comment